Parent Organization: Office of Student Involvement & the Student Center
The mission of the AITP student chapter is to develop a better understanding of the nature and functions of information technology, to foster among students a better understanding of the role of information technology in an organization, to provide a forum for students to network with information technology professionals, IT faculty and other students, and to provide opportunities to enhance professional skills.
Why Join AITP?
- AITP has been around awhile, since 1952:
- Access to seasoned professionals
- AITP has a large and diverse membership
- CIOs /Executive IT leaders
- Middle managers
- Non-management professionals
- Students majoring in the IT field
- AITP provides local chapters that provide:
- Face to face networking
- Education programs
- Career opportunities
- Community involvement
- AITP offers national and regional resources:
- Career Resources
- Education and training programs
- Meet Peop le Working in Your Field of Interest
- Learn About Job or Internship Openings
- Understand Trends in the Field
- Polish Your Communication and Presentation Skills
- Prove Your Future Career Really Matters to You
- Stay Connected!
- Access to Professional Members - your valuable resource
- Networking with other IT professionals - learning the business “ropes”
- Internship Opportunities - from “campus to real world”
- Special Events - Collegiate Conferences
- Care er Connections - Path your career
- Peer to Peer Networking - Student Chapters nationwide
- Leadership Opportunities - Student Leadership Council
- Interim Membership (from student to professional)
How To Join
- Fill out and submit the your application to the NATIONAL AITP organization by going to https://aitp.site-ym.com/general/register_member_type.asp. Scroll down, select STUDENT, and then follow the instructions.
- Login into the GGC GetInvolved Clubs website (using your Desire2Learn information), then click the Join Organization button found on the AITP home page.
Standing Meeting Time (Day of Week):
First Tuesday of every month
Standing Meeting Time:
2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
Lawrenceville, GA 30043